Disclaimer means ‘legal statement’, and it is designed to restrict liability of the entity making the statement. Most probably, only an attorney-at-law would think of making available lots of interesting and important information on his or her website and then stating that visitors should not trust such information. That is why disclaimer text is typically shown on websites in small print that is difficult to read, despite the fact that the law office operating the website can exempt itself from any liability whatsoever.
In fact, we do not need to do this; however, we would like to direct your attention to a few points.
- If you find legal information on our website, please feel free to use it; but please be aware that reading through the pages of our website does not constitute a client attorney-at-law relationship between us, even though we would very much like to have all those visiting our website become our clients. If anybody is devious enough to think that perusing our website (which is incidentally accessible to deviants of all shapes and sizes) would create a valid brief between us, we would in no way want to be their lawyers and would refuse to enter into any contract with them.
- You will find some links to websites and other Internet content that is managed by others. Of course, we are not responsible for any such content and we do not constantly check it. Not because we are lazy but because we try to use links with which nothing untoward is known to be associated. .
- All information, articles and studies are covered by copyright protection arte legis even though we do not state it at least ten times consecutively. We hope that our visitors are law-abiding adult citizens who can appreciate this.
- Please do not send us any spam (unsolicited and otiose electronic mail). And share with us confidential information only when we have confirmed that a privileged relationship of client and lawyer has been established, which we always do in writing. If you are a spammer (churning out offers to buy wine, make bets or order pills), take heed of the first sentence in particular. We shall not refrain from taking legal steps – it would not cost us as much as it would to the opposing party.
- The earth rotates and the seasons change. In the same way, laws are subject to change and amendment. That is why you may find some information on our website that has become obsolete in the meantime or lost its currency. If you are really curious about our opinion, give us a brief, and we promise to supply you with up-to-date information at all times. However, we pride ourselves in being wholly up to date with regard to the law and will always give you measured advice and counsel. Sometimes, we’ll even see the future for you.
That’s all. We trust that you have now read a disclaimer from the beginning to the end for the first time in your life. Have a nice day!